Partner at Brais Law Firm
Richard Rusak is a partner at Brais Law Firm with 15 years of experience in litigation and appeals. Richard heads the firm’s appellate section and drafts compelling appellate briefs and argues appeals at the state and federal levels.
He started his legal career in maritime law practice and is a Florida Bar Board Certified admiralty & maritime law attorney. He represented major insurance companies in maritime defense cases, providing him substantial insight into opposing counsels’ perspectives and approaches as he represents injured plaintiffs.
Richard conducts intense research and thorough analysis to develop effective case strategies. He has earned a reputation for giving precise, well-informed advice to reach maximum possible verdicts and settlements. See our results page for more information about Richard’s achievements.
Call Richard Rusak for Dedicated Personal Injury Recovery
Schedule your free consultation with our Miami personal injury litigation attorney Richard Rusak to learn your rights and options to recover after an injury. Brais Law Firm handles your claim on contingency, meaning you do not owe us lawyers’ fees until we recover. Richard is admitted to bars in Texas and Florida and available to meet with you in our Houston or Miami offices.
Professional Membership & Activities
- Florida Bar Admiralty Law Committee
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Ft. Lauderdale Mariners Club
- Propeller Club of the United States (Port of Miami)
Professional Awards & Acknowledgments
- Board Certified Admiralty & Maritime Lawyer
- Rising Star, Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers publication, 2010 publication, 2010
- Plowing Your Way into Environmental Liabilities in South Florida – Presented at the Fort Lauderdale Mariners Club 2006 Seminar, this paper showcases the liabilities, defenses and marine insurance implications associated with striking and grounding incidents that result in environmental losses in national parks and marine sanctuaries. Read the complete paper.
- The Shipowners’ Limitation of Liability Act: Pitfalls for the Unwary – Presented at the Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute’s 2006 Seminar in Savannah, Georgia, this paper provides a detailed discussion of the benefits and pitfalls of the Shipowner’s Limitation of Liability Act. The paper is designed to serve as a beacon for maritime practitioners to navigate their way through this rocky statutory provision often utilized by shipowners and marine underwriters in an effort to limit liability to the post-incident value of a vessel, regardless of actual damages. Read the complete paper.