Key Reasons Why You Should Hire a Lawyer After Getting Hurt
After you have been hurt, it’s important to consider hiring a Miami accident attorney. In many cases, victims of injuries are able to recover compensation for their losses. However, hiring an attorney will be important if you suspect that you may have a case for compensation and you want to maximize the chances of getting the money that you need to recover from your losses.
Why Hire an Attorney After You’ve Been Injured?
Hiring an attorney after you have sustained an injury is important because:
- An attorney can help you to determine if you have a claim for damages: In order for you to be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, someone else – such as a person, company or government agency – must be considered legally liable for your losses. A person, company, or agency could be held legally liable if they failed to fulfill some type of legal obligation or if they broke a safety rule and their failure or rule breaking was the direct cause of harm. For example, property owners are expected to maintain a reasonably safe premises for visitors and can be held legally liable for injuries that occur due to their failure to either correct defects or warn visitors about them.
- An attorney can help you to decide who to pursue a case against: If someone was responsible for harming you, there could be multiple people or entities who you could potentially make a claim against. For example, if a truck driver was negligent and hurt you, you may be able to sue the driver and the trucking company. An attorney will help you to ensure you identify all defendants who could potentially be held responsible for your losses.
- An attorney can help you to gather evidence proving your right to compensation: You’ll have the burden of proving your right to receive accident compensation after someone has hurt you. With help from a compassionate and knowledgeable legal professional, you can gather the evidence you need to make the strongest case possible.
- An attorney can help you to deal with insurance companies involved in your case: You may have to deal with your own insurer or the insurer of the other person who harmed you as you try to recover compensation for damages. Insurance companies are notorious for making it difficult for victims to get full compensation for losses, so you want to get help from a lawyer before agreeing to anything with an insurer. You may also want a lawyer to advise you before you talk to an insurer so you don’t inadvertently jeopardize your claim for compensation.
- An attorney can help you to decide whether to sue or settle: When you make an injury claim, you may be able to negotiate an out-of-court settlement to avoid the stress of a civil trial. An experienced attorney can help you to determine if a settlement offer is fair.
- An attorney can represent you in court or help you with settlement negotiations: If you hope to negotiate an out-of-court settlement, a lawyer can help you to maximize your compensation through effective negotiation. If you go to court to prove your case, an attorney can help you to present evidence in the most compelling manner possible.
A Miami accident attorney can provide you with help with all of these issues and can also offer invaluable advice about your specific case that is personalized to you. To find out more about how a compassionate and knowledgeable legal professional can help you, give us a call today.