Representing Florida Tourists Injured Because of Negligent Security
When you stay at a hotel, you rightfully expect to feel safe. The proprietor has a duty to you to secure the premises to prevent assaults and batteries. If you were attacked because of a lapse in security, you may have a cause of action.
Located in Miami, Brais Law Firm regularly represents South Florida visitors who suffered injuries while travelling to the area. We have recovered high dollar figures in numerous recent cases involving pool accidents, drowning deaths, Jet Ski collisions and hotel security lapses. Our six and seven figure awards include a recent $250,000 judgment against a hotel to compensate its guest for injuries*.
Our Miami assault victim attorneys understand the trauma associated with an attack, and the difficulty of being far from home when it occurs. We offer confidentiality, respect and compassion as we assist you in recovering damages from the negligent hotel. We regularly confer with the State Attorney’s office to build your civil claim without jeopardizing the criminal prosecution of your attacker and to gather evidence important to your lawsuit.
View our Results page to read about the $40 million recovered by our firm on behalf of clients in only four years*.
Hotel Security Lapses
The hotel owner has a legal duty to implement basic security policies and practices, such as:
- Barring non-guests from accessing the premises
- Stationing a front desk clerk in the lobby to monitor guests
- Maintaining secure locks on doors and windows
- Changing lock codes between guests or using keys that cannot be copied
- Refusing to affirm your room number or your presence in the hotel
- Positioning and monitoring functioning surveillance cameras
- Employing adequate security personnel to patrol the premises
- Responding quickly and appropriately to requests for assistance
- Installing sufficient lighting in hallways, entrances and parking lots
- Minimizing hiding areas, such as overgrown bushes
- Creating safe paths into lobby and room entrances
- Reporting criminal activities to law enforcement
We lodge a full investigation into the conditions at the hotel and review whether the accommodations have a history of security breaches and assaults and batteries.
Damages for Assault and Battery
Our lawyers help victims who have been shot, beaten, stabbed and sexually assaulted recover damages for:
- Penetration wounds
- Blunt trauma wounds
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Scars and disfigurement
- Plastic surgery
Recover Damages from a Negligent Hotel for Security Breaches
You may have a cause of action against the hotel where you were assaulted. Contact Brais Law Firm to schedule your free claims evaluation and learn more about your rights and options for recovery.
Since we handle your negligent securities claim on a contingency fee basis, you do not owe us attorneys’ fees unless we recover damages on your behalf. Our Miami-based law firm litigates injury claims throughout Florida.
*Specific details regarding previous verdicts and settlement results are not indications of the results of future cases and settlements, nor should they be held to be guarantees, warranties, or predictions regarding the result of representation by our firm. Furthermore, any message regarding the result of a specific case is not a promise of similar results in future cases, but rather represents the outcome of the specific legal and factual basis from which it arises.