Miami Back Injury Attorney
The back is a complicated area of the body, with a fine web of nerves and muscles surrounding a sturdy, yet flexible, bone structure. Injury to your back can range from painful to completely debilitating. Even a so-called “minor” back injury can keep you from working for days or weeks. More serious injuries can cause disabilities, pain, weakness, stiffness, tingling, burning, loss of sensation and paralysis that could permanently prevent you from working at your previous earning capacity and enjoying the activities you once loved.
Brais Law Firm is a personal injury law firm focused on helping injury victims recover maximum possible damages. Our Miami back injury attorneys have more than 75 years of combined trial experience and a proven track record of success. Our attorneys’ membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum is a testament to our history of winning seven-figure recoveries. Read our Results page to learn more about our damages recoveries.
Causes of Back Injuries
Back injuries can occur because of a harsh blow to the body, such as striking an object or falling from height, lifting awkward or heavy objects or a penetrating force, such as a gunshot wound or the knife of a surgeon.
Common causes of back injuries include:
- Auto accidents: When an automobile comes to a halt during a crash, the occupants in the car keep moving forward at the speed the car was previously travelling. The back and forth motion and violent jostling within the vehicle can cause serious spinal or soft tissue injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents: Even in a low-speed crash, the motorcyclist can get thrown onto the pavement or into another hard stationary object. For this reason, spinal cord damage is one of the most common types of motorcycle accident injuries.
- Swimming pool accidents: The pool owners have a duty to warn about the depth of the water and whether it is unsafe for diving. The swimmer may fracture a vertebra if he or she hits the bottom of the pool after diving or jumping into shallow water.
- Amusement park accidents: A poorly designed ride or a broken part can put extreme stress on the spinal cord and back muscles.
- Construction accidents: Construction sites contain a variety of back injury dangers, including repetitive stress syndrome and risks of fall and being struck by objects.
- Violence: The violence of an attack can lead to broken vertebrae, nerve damage, muscle strain and soft tissue damage to the back.
Proving Back Injury Damages
The damages we pursue for your back injury claim depend upon the facts of your particular case, but may include:
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The defendant may insist your back injury was preexisting before the accident or may try to diminish its severity. Our lawyers come armed with substantial knowledge about medical and legal matters to prove your claim. A Miami back injury attorney can anticipate the defense strategy and counter with strong evidence.
Consult with a Miami Back Injury Attorney about Recovering for Your Injuries
Call Brais Law Firm toll-free at 1-888-238-5637 to schedule your free case evaluation to learn more about recovering compensation for your back injury. You can also connect with our lawyers online. We handle all back injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you do not pay us unless we recover damages. Our main office is located in Miami, Florida.