Our Miami Burn Injury Attorneys Will Represent Your Best Interests
Burns leave physical, emotional and financial scars. Many burn victims require extensive painful treatments and multiple complex surgeries. Even then, disfigurement and the loss of functionality, mobility and sensation are common.
Brais Law Firm focuses our practice on personal injury law. Our Miami burn injury attorneys have 75 years of combined experience and a history of high verdicts and settlements that have earned us membership into the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. See our Results page for details about recent recoveries spanning just the last four years and that exceed $39 million*.
Types of Burns
Burns are described by their severity and causes. Third degree burns are the most severe because they damage the tissues beneath the skin, which may include nerves, muscles, blood vessels and bones. Second degree burns on the face, buttocks, groin, feet, hands, major joints or in places that cover large portions of the body are also considered major.
People often equate burns to fire, but burn injuries may arise from:
- Thermal burns: Thermal burns are caused by intense heat, usually from fire or scalding water. A defective automobile may catch fire or a defective appliance may spark a house fire. The incredible impact of a tractor-trailer accident can also trigger a fire. Restaurant workers and tradesmen in the industrial sector are particularly vulnerable to thermal burns from hot objects, fire and explosion.
- Chemical burns: Volatile chemicals penetrate the skin resulting in chemical burns. Chemical exposure often occurs on the worksite when employers fail to provide appropriate clothing and tools.
- Electrical burns: An electrical arc can penetrate deep into the body burning the area surrounding the current. Electrical burns commonly happen on construction sites when workers get too close to overhead transmitters or hit live wires during trenching. Also, defective home appliances can trigger a current that causes burns or electrocution.
- Radiation burns: High doses of radiation burn tissue. Radiation burns typically happen as a result of medical malpractice, when a patient is subjected to extreme levels of radiation during diagnostic testing or oncology treatments.
Calculating Burn Damages
After a burn, you face a lifetime of challenges. Constant pain or loss of sensation makes everyday tasks difficult. Scars and disfigurement can trigger depression and anxiety. Scars that form on major joints can limit motion. You may also be more susceptible to infections throughout your life.
When calculating your damages, our burn injury lawyers consider the medical treatments you need right away and well into the future. We also anticipate how your disabilities will affect your earning capacity and your quality of life. We commonly pursue compensation for:
- Skin graft surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeries
- Rehabilitation services
- Lost wages and ability to earn income
- Past medical bills and future medical treatments
- Mental anguish, PTSD, depression and other mental illnesses
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
Recover Compensation for Your Injuries, Call Our Miami Burn Injury Attorneys Now
To learn more about recovering compensation for your burn injuries, call Brais Law Firm toll-free at 1-888-238-5637. You can also connect with our attorneys online. Your first consultation is free and we handle your burn injury claims on a contingency fee basis, so you do not pay us unless we recover damages for you. Our burn injury attorneys handle claims throughout Florida from our main headquarters in Miami.
*Specific details regarding case and settlement results are not indications of the results of future cases and settlements, nor should they be held to be guarantees, warranties, or predictions regarding the result of representation by our firm. Furthermore, any message regarding the result of a specific case is not a promise of similar results in future cases, but rather represents the outcome of the specific legal and factual basis from which it arises.