Your Miami Ankle, Knee & Hip Injury Attorney
A foot, ankle, knee, leg or hip injury can permanently impair your mobility and diminish your enjoyment of sports, taking walks and other activities you once found pleasurable. These injuries may also cause substantial pain or loss of sensation in the affected area. A Miami ankle, knee and hip injury attorney can help you pursue your right to compensation if your injuries resulted from another person’s or a corporation’s negligence.
Brais Law Firm has the experience, knowledge and determination to help you recover damages after sustaining a serious injury. Our personal injury attorneys have earned numerous honors, including membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, designation as a Legal Elite, designation as Super Lawyers for the past eight years and AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. View our six and seven-figure recoveries on our Results page.
Our firm can assist you with recovering the money you deserve after an accident that injures the muscles, bones, nerves or soft tissue of your legs.
Challenges of Lower Limb Injuries
Injuries to the lower limbs affect every aspect of life. Often, the injury may impair ability to walk. Even if you can still walk after your injury, you may not be able to run, jump, hike, do yard work or sit or stand for long periods of time. A ankle knee hip injury lawyer can help you get compensation if your life activities are compromised because of:
- Foot injury – Your foot’s complex web of intricate nerves, 26 small bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons and ligaments supports the entire weight of your body. Fractures, sprains and strains can lead to a lifetime of pain, discomfort and impaired mobility. Crush injuries, common in construction and maritime accidents, may lead to amputation.
- Ankle injury- Your ankle is designed to withstand tremendous force while remaining flexible and agile enough to allow you to perform complicated movements. Poor property maintenance, such as an uneven sidewalk or broken stair, poses a risk of twisting an ankle and causing a sprain.
- Knee injury- Damage to the knee is difficult to repair. A tear to the ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, patellar tendon or fracture of the kneecap often requires surgery and may take years to heal, and then sometimes only partially return to normal function.
- Hip injury- Injury to the hip may affect not only your ability to walk, but also to sit or stand comfortably. Slips and falls can also seriously injure the hip. A hip injury may indicate that your loved one has suffered nursing home abuse or may result from poor hospital protocol.
- Leg injury- Multiple injuries to the hamstring, quadriceps or calf often occur in an auto accident, a trip and fall or a violent attack. Also, some lumbar vertebrae injuries radiate debilitating symptoms, including, pain, weakness and loss of sensation, into the leg.
Compensation for Your Injuries
Our Miami ankle knee and hip injury attorneys are skilled at proving fault and the resulting damages. For example, we assess such factors as where a break occurred and how the bone fragments are aligned. If you suffered nerve damage, we consult with a neuropathic pain specialist to develop a pattern and anticipate your future recovery. We consider your immediate and long-term damages, which might include:
- Rehabilitation services
- Pain management
- Special medical equipment
- Wheelchair accessible home alterations
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of your life
- Pain and suffering
A Miami Ankle, Knee & Hip Injury Attorney Can Help You Recover Damages for Your Leg Injuries
To recover damages for injuries to your leg, hip, knee, ankle or foot, schedule a free case evaluation at Brais Law Firm or call us toll-free at 1-888-238-5637. Our experienced lawyers handle your accident claim on a contingency fee basis, so you do not owe us money unless we recover damages for you. Brais Law Firm is headquartered in Miami, Florida.