Miami Wrist & Shoulder Injury Attorney
An injury to your hand, wrist, arm or shoulder substantially interferes with virtually every aspect of your life. Most jobs require use of a computer or hand tools and injuries to the upper extremities typically hinder ability to earn a living temporarily or permanently. Activities of daily life, such as eating, driving and cleaning may also become very difficult. A Miami wrist and shoulder injury attorney can help you pursue compensation if your injuries resulted from another individual’s or a corporation’s negligent actions.
The personal injury lawyers at Brais Law Firm have more than 75 years of trial experience and have earned such honors as Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum membership, Legal Elite designation, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating and Super Lawyers designation for the past eight years. View the six and seven-figure recoveries we have obtained for our clients on our Results page.
Typical Injuries to Arms
Our wrist and shoulder injury lawyers pursue the damages you are entitled to for fractures, dislocations, nerve damage and soft tissue injuries you suffered in:
- Hand injuries – The hand contains 29 bones, 34 muscles and numerous tendons, ligaments and nerves that allow you to perform intricate tasks. Typing, playing a piano, picking up a glass or shaking a hand involves a complex interaction of multiple nerves, muscles and joints. A fracture, crush injury or nerve damage in your hand can make these seemingly simple tasks nearly impossible.
- Wrist injuries – One of the most common workplace injuries is carpal tunnel syndrome, which is compression neuropathy of the median nerve in the wrist. Symptoms include pain, weakness and a pins-and-needles sensation. The condition occurs because of repetitive stress on the wrist caused by repeating the same awkward motions throughout the day for months or years. Office workers may develop the condition because of a non-ergonomic computer position. Also, construction, hospitality, maritime and manufacturing workers are susceptible to carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Shoulder injuries – The ball and socket design of your shoulder gives you the flexibility to move your arm in virtually any direction. However, the very thing that allows you substantial mobility also makes your shoulder prone to serious injuries. Tears to the rotator cuff or labrum or dislocation of the shoulder joint can take months or years to heal and may require surgery. Shoulder injuries often happen in auto accidents, slips and falls, and falls from height.
- Arm injuries – A car crash, diving accident or fall may cause nerve damage that affects the arm. In addition, a bulging cervical disk can radiate pain into your shoulder, elbow or hand. The origin of the pain may be difficult to identify and diagnose.
Developing Your Claim
Our Miami wrist shoulder injury attorney is skilled at proving damages. We often consult with neurologists, orthopedics, pain management specialists and other medical experts to determine the nature and extent of your injuries and to anticipate your future losses. We compile x-rays, MRIs and other diagnostic tests and ask the right questions to calculate your rightful compensation for:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical equipment
- Home and work alterations and accommodations
- Lost income and diminished future earnings
- Loss of quality of your life
- Pain and suffering
A Wrist & Shoulder Injury Attorney Can Help You Recover Damages for Your Arm Injuries
To recover damages for injuries to your arm, shoulder, wrist or hand, schedule a free case evaluation at Brais Law Firm by calling us toll-free at 1-888-238-5637. Our experienced wrist and shoulder injury attorneys handle your accident claim on a contingency fee basis, so you do not owe us money until we recover damages for you.
Our main office is located in Miami, Florida.